The 2010 Mazda3




Impressive. I have just had my first look at the 2010 MAZDA3. The car will not be released until February 2009. I have never seen so many great options inside a stylish small car. The grand touring model comes equipped with a 2.5 liter engine. Enough power to create 167 horsepower and 168 pound-feet of torque. The six-speed manual transmission replaces the 5 speed as standard equipment. So it still has that zoom zoom power. Once you get inside the vehicle, it's all about the features. Push button ignition is one the new neat features. There are no "keys" anymore. Smart key technology takes over. Place the remote in your pocket press the small button on the door handle and your in. Starting the car is just as easy too put your foot on the brake and press the button to start the car. It doesn't stop there only starts there. How about the Blind Spot Monitoring system. As cars enter your blind spot, you are notified with a small yellow light on your side mirrors. Hit your turn signal with the light on, it beeps to let you know its not safe. I have tried it out on the highway and it worked perfectly. As I let people pass me, I would see the system notify me of a car in my blind spot and turn off as the car moved past me.

Mazda's navigation features a smaller screen. The controls are located on the right hand side of the steering wheel. It was very easy to navigate through each screen without any direction or guidance from a manual. The best thing about the navigation will be its cost. Most manufactures charge $1,500 for navigation. This navigation system will be priced around $600. Making it a very affordable feature in a small car.